Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Postcard from a smOrl Island

Dear Millie, Bagster, Willoughby, Ruby and Tilly,

I am on Waiheke Island which is in the Hauraki Gulf, east of Auckland.

Me, and Mum and Dad arrived yesterday after a pretty good flight from London.

Highlights included crying in concert with the guy just behind me here for a good half hour...


For some reason no one took any photos of that. Strange...

I didn't think much of my bassinet,

... although I'd highly recommend you get your hands on a Rag Tag asap.


more tags than a Brixton bus stop.

At the airport to welcome us was my great grandmother and great grandfather, my grandfather and my aunt Sarah (who ran off before we could take her photo).
Then we made our way to Half Moon Bay and took a car ferry to Waiheke.

Here's the view back to Auckland.



At Waiheke, we are staying at Great Auntie Kate's beautiful house. I am very happy to be here.





It is very sunny and there is the biggest bath I've ever seen right outside Mum and Dad's bedroom window.

After a bit of a sleep in with Mum and Dad...

I had to have some stern words with Pook about his behaviour on the plane...

and then I had some play time





Somehow it was hotter outside than inside so I went in to cool off...

and catch up on my reading



before taking a walk on the beach,





and then in the bush!


Lunch time couldn't come soon enough




I like it here! One day, maybe you can come too?

Love Orla xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hey SmOrl

    New Zealand looks awesome - I would love to vist one day and get to that beach for a splash! It doesn't look like the long journey was too bad and alsways good to have some friends to cry with! I don't think I would have liked that bassinet either.

    I've been having lots of fun in your play ring and particulary like scratching my nails on it and pulling at the mushrooms. I've also been practising rolling and today did a double roll straight of the bed. Oops!

    Love from your friend Bags

    ReplyDelete